18 December, 2008

Walk yourself to Health

I used to consider walking as an exercise which only older people or people with some physical problem, do. Not now. I have been a regular ‘walker’ since conception and do so even now. I feel walking is one of the safest exercises for pregnant women and also for mothers who have just delivered.
Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile
Free MySpace Animations!
I used to walk regularly for 40 minutes daily and still try to do as permissible by my baby. It has helped me tremendously…….. Not only did I put on a healthy 8 kgs (17 pounds) during pregnancy, I was back to my normal weight within 3 weeks of delivery. Moreover there was no edema whatsoever. My shoes, chappals and rings fit me perfectly till the last day. There are many other factors I agree but you can’t negate the positives of walking. In fact, I had walked even on the day of my delivery and restarted in a week’s time from my delivery. It’s been 2 months now and I still walk regularly.

Note: Take care to walk at a regular pace and then at a slow pace as your pregnancy advances. Do according to your comfort level. Walk on flat terrain wearing proper shoes.

To make mundane walking more interesting you can take help of music, a friend or some chanting. Otherwise just enjoy your own company and ponder on things……….

Happy walking!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also go for walk daily...i like to walk in greenery places which s pleasantly different from other places ...greenery s fully refreshing!! for walker...

Anonymous said...

hello,which type of walking track s better for walker? i think which s imp....where you walk right now?

Anonymous said...

I wish to share one imp thing...It's getting cold outside as I just start to take a walk in the sun-light for a few minutes each day which keeps increases my energy,feel-good for whole day...Enjoy!!