08 December, 2008

Visualization

"Empty mind is a devil's workshop" - so the saying goes. I had a lot of free time during pregnancy as i stopped taking classes, travelling too much or exerting myself. This gave me an opportunity to experience various other physically passive but mentally active techniques - that i believe are much more powerful.
Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile
MySpace Codes!
Visualization is one such technique. It simply means creating a mental picture......... of what??? you decide. I feel that everything we do in life first manifests in the mind. Likewise, if we want to achieve something or wish for something to happen, it has to first be pictured in the mind. So everyday i used to create positive pictures of myself during and after pregnancy. I visualized my pregnancy to be smooth, my baby to be healthy, my growing excellence in yoga etc etc.... I don't know and can't say how effective the technique might be but i have faith in that and i feel at least the positive visualization keeps the mind at peace.
PS: visualization is a part of the ancient yogic technique of yoga nidra as explained by the Bihar School of Yoga. So open your inner eyes..........

No comments: